Pictured above: Our warehouse and production facility in Merrillville, IN
Are you looking for a seasonal graphic design position? Are you proficient with Adobe Illustrator and can work quickly and efficiently with it? Are you drawn to working with a growing small business in ecommerce? If you have an eye for detail, this may be the job for you. Read on to learn more.
Lifetime Creations is an online small business that's a retailer for personalized gifts (you can find us on Amazon, Etsy, and lifetimecreations.net). We engrave and embroider gifts at our warehouse in Merrillville, IN for weddings, holidays, and other special occasions.
We like to think of ourselves as a fun, hard-working team. We’re family-owned and operated, and our family values are at the core of who we are. We look for passionate, intelligent, and driven people who will help us improve as we continue to grow.
We are looking for a full-time, temporary Graphic Designer (Production) who is excited for the opportunity to work within a growing, e-commerce small business during the 2022 holiday shopping season. They will play a significant role designing the personalized gifts our customers receive.
Merrillville, IN near Route 30 and Taft
$17-$18 per hour based on experience
- Temporary position through mid-December 2022. We are closed Thanksgiving Day.
- Full-time, hourly position
- 40 hours per week. Before Nov. 23, scheduled between the hours of 7:30 am - 4:00 pm Monday - Friday. Beginning Nov. 25, select weekend shifts are available in addition to Mon-Fri.
- We will train you!
- Create individual production files using Adobe Illustrator (and occasionally, Photoshop) by updating file templates with each customer’s personalization instructions. Files are then used to engrave or embroider gifts.
- Prepare customer-provided logos and other artwork files for production.
- Create proofs for customers with custom artwork files and bulk orders. Email directly to customers for approval, and make edits as needed.
- Organize and format customer instructions from various marketplaces per each SKU’s design specs.
- Efficiently manage production files for numerous customer orders every day, ensuring files are completed on time.
- Other tasks and projects as needed
So, who are we looking for?
- You must be proficient in Adobe Illustrator and preferably Photoshop, and can work quickly and efficiently with these programs. You have an overall great sense and feel for design with text and image placement.
- You must be a great fit for our team. We're down-to-earth, fun, and respectful toward one another and other humans. You should have an amiable personality that your colleagues will enjoy working with.
- You have high personal standards. You have the mentality of constantly growing and improving.
- You’re always reliable. You show up on time every day ready to support your teammates. You get your work done and you're available.
- You have integrity. You always do the right thing even when no one is watching. You’re honest, trustworthy, and hold yourself accountable.
- You follow the Golden Rule. You’re respectful and treat others how you’d want to be. You’re genuine and authentic.
- It’s in your nature to hustle. You have a proven history of a strong work ethic, and regularly go above and beyond without being asked to do so while having a positive attitude. You have a mentality of “how can I help” - and never “that’s not my job”. You are more than ready to step up to the plate for others, even if it’s not part of your formal job description.
- You value quality. Outstanding attention to detail is critical. You take pride in your work.
- You’re comfortable taking initiative. You’re able to think and work independently when needed, and have the attitude that “everything is figureoutable”.
- You’re coachable. You must be willing to listen and learn, and be open to new concepts and ideas in order to improve. You should have a passion for learning new things.
- You’re energetic. You should bring energy to the team, both physically and mentally.
- You have a positive attitude. We can teach you some of the skills needed for this role, but we can't change your attitude.
Why join us? Here’s what our employees say:
- “I enjoy the overall work environment. It’s a pleasure to be a part of this amazing team.”
- “Everyone is awesome to work with!”
- “[It’s] a great place to work because it is a very welcoming place.”
- “I enjoy the collaborative environment and how even though we all have different roles, we work together and help each other out when needed.”
- “Our jobs are rewarding....It always makes it worth it when customers leave a great review or privately contact us to tell us just how much their gift meant to the recipient.”
- “...You can see how much the business expands and grows...you help create that change. It’s all teamwork here.”
- Meet our team!
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Proficient with Adobe Illustrator. Photoshop experience is a plus.
- Basic knowledge of Excel
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and background check
- Provide at minimum three (3) educational or professional references upon request
- Websites: lifetimecreations.net, Etsy, and Amazon
- Corporate office & production facility: Merrillville, IN
- Size: 11-15 employees
- Founded: 2007
- Company type: Private
How to apply
Submit your application here. No phone calls, please.