Lifetime Creations was founded in 2007. We’ve experienced significant growth over the last several years as an online retailer for personalized gifts on our main website, Etsy, and Amazon. Our purpose: build a company with happy employees and customers.
We like to think of ourselves as a fun, hard-working team. We’re family-owned and operated, and our family values are at the core of who we are. We look for passionate, intelligent, and driven people who thrive working in a fast-paced environment and who will help us improve as we continue to grow.
We are looking for a part-time Graphic Designer with great attention to detail and a strong work ethic who is excited for the opportunity to work within a growing, fast-paced small business. He or she will have a significant role in the final gifts our customers receive.
Our office and production facility is located in Lansing, IL, just south of Chicago and next to Northwest Indiana.
- Average 15-25 hours per week between the hours of 7:30am - 12:30pm (or alternatively 8am - 1pm), Monday through Friday.
- Hours may fluctuate weekly. Our office is closed on major holidays.
- There may be an opportunity for increased hours during November and December, and potentially other holiday seasons.
Status: Non-exempt hourly position, part time
- Create individual production files using Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator by updating file templates with each customer’s personalization instructions. Files are then used to engrave or embroider gifts.
- Prepare customer-provided logos and other artwork files for production.
- Create proofs for customers with custom artwork files and bulk orders. Email directly to customers for approval, and make edits as needed.
- Organize and format customer instructions from various marketplaces, per each SKU’s design specs.
- Efficiently manage production files for numerous customer orders every day, ensuring files are completed on time.
- Work with production staff to increase efficiency and accuracy of decoration.
- Other design-related tasks and projects as needed.
So, who are we looking for?
- You must be a great fit for our team. We're down-to-earth, fun, and respectful toward one another and other humans. You should have an amiable personality that your colleagues will enjoy working with.
- You should be a self-starter and be comfortable working independently.
- You must be punctual and responsive.
- You must have outstanding attention to detail and organizational skills, and great written communication skills.
- You have an “everything is figureoutable” attitude. You take initiative and bring solutions to the table. You think independently and see challenges as opportunities to grow.
- It’s your nature to hustle: You have a proven history of a strong work ethic, and regularly go above and beyond without being asked to do so while having a positive attitude. You have a mentality of “how can I help” - and never “that’s not my job”. You are more than ready to step up to the plate for others, even if it’s not part of your formal job description.
- You have integrity: You always do the right thing even when no one is watching. You’re honest, trustworthy, and hold yourself accountable. You’re always reliable.
- You follow the Golden Rule: You’re respectful and treat others how you’d want to be. You’re genuine and authentic.
- You strive to constantly grow and improve: You possess a growth mindset and are never happy with the status quo. You have an entrepreneurial spirit and are comfortable making mistakes so long as you can learn from them. You have a continual desire to succeed and improve. You are comfortable with an ever-changing environment. You’re coachable and open to new concepts and ideas.
Why join us? Here’s what our employees say:
- “[It’s] a great place to work because it is a very welcoming place.”
- “It's a fun work environment...There's always something new to look forward to.”
- “Our company allows and encourages growth. There is always a new challenge or something new to learn and we are constantly innovating. You'll never be bored!”
- “Our jobs are rewarding....It always makes it worth it when customers leave a great review or privately contact us to tell us just how much their gift meant to the recipient.”
- “...You can see how much the business expands and grows...you help create that change. It’s all teamwork here.”
- Be part of a unique and fast-paced online company where you will work hard but enjoy the environment you’re in and directly see the impact of your work
- Work within an entrepreneurial environment
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or other related field
- Proficient with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Excellent attention to detail while working quickly and efficiently
- Overall great sense and feel for design with text and image placement
- Basic knowledge of Excel
- Provide at minimum three (3) professional references upon request
How to apply:
Please submit your application here. No phone calls, please.
Websites: www.lifetimecreations.net, Etsy, and Amazon
Social media: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter
Corporate office & production facility: Lansing, IL
Size: 7-10 employees
Type Company: Private