Pictured above: Some of our team members at our summer mini-golf outing this year.
Want a great seasonal job that will also give you experience working with a growing small business? Do you have a knack for attention to detail and take pride in your work? If you're reliable, hard-working, and friendly this may be the job for you. No experience necessary! Read on to learn more.
Lifetime Creations is a growing, online small business that's a retailer for personalized gifts (you can find us on Amazon, Etsy, and lifetimecreations.net). We engrave and embroider gifts at our warehouse in Merrillville, IN for weddings, holidays, and other special occasions.
We like to think of ourselves as a fun, hard-working team. We’re family-owned and operated, and our family values are at the core of who we are. We look for passionate, intelligent, and driven people who will help us improve as we continue to grow.
We are looking for a seasonal Fulfillment & Production Associate with great attention to detail and a strong work ethic who is excited for the opportunity to work within a growing, fast-paced small business. He or she will play a significant role in the final gifts our customers receive during the 2022 holiday shopping season.
Merrillville, IN near Taft and Route 30
$16 per hour
This position will end by December 23, 2022. We are closed Thanksgiving Day.
40 hours per week scheduled between the hours of 7:30 am - 6:00 pm Monday - Friday. Select weekend shifts are available after Thanksgiving through December.
- Reduce wasted materials and ensure customers receive the highest quality gifts by performing thorough quality checks
- Prepare and clean products for engraving/embroidery and shipping
- Run our laser engraving machines as needed (will train)
- Maintain warehouse and workspaces by ensuring materials are organized and spaces are kept neat/orderly and clean on a daily basis
- Work quickly and efficiently with a high volume of orders to ensure customer orders are shipped accurately and on-time
- Package and ship products for safe transport and within brand guidelines
- Other duties that may arise from time-to-time and may be assigned
So, who are we looking for?
- You must be a great fit for our team. We're down-to-earth, fun, and respectful toward one another and other humans. You should have an amiable personality that your colleagues will enjoy working with.
- You have high personal standards. You have the mentality of constantly growing and improving.
- You’re always reliable. You show up on time every day ready to support your teammates. You get your work done and you're available.
- You have integrity. You always do the right thing even when no one is watching. You’re honest, trustworthy, and hold yourself accountable.
- You follow the Golden Rule. You’re respectful and treat others how you’d want to be. You’re genuine and authentic.
- It’s in your nature to hustle. You have a proven history of a strong work ethic, and regularly go above and beyond without being asked to do so while having a positive attitude. You have a mentality of “how can I help” - and never “that’s not my job”. You are more than ready to step up to the plate for others, even if it’s not part of your formal job description.
- You value quality. Outstanding attention to detail is critical. You take pride in your work.
- You’re comfortable taking initiative. You’re able to think and work independently when needed, and have the attitude that “everything is figureoutable”.
- You’re coachable. You must be willing to listen and learn, and be open to new concepts and ideas in order to improve. You should have a passion for learning new things.
- You’re energetic. You should bring energy to the team, both physically and mentally.
- You have a positive attitude. We can teach you some of the skills needed for this role, but we can't change your attitude.
Why join us? Here’s what our employees say:
- “I enjoy the overall work environment. It’s a pleasure to be a part of this amazing team.”
- “Everyone is awesome to work with!”
- “[It’s] a great place to work because it is a very welcoming place.”
- “I enjoy the collaborative environment and how even though we all have different roles, we work together and help each other out when needed.”
- “Our jobs are rewarding....It always makes it worth it when customers leave a great review or privately contact us to tell us just how much their gift meant to the recipient.”
- Meet our team!
Skills & Qualifications
- Comfortable learning new skills
- Ability to stand for long periods
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs on a regular basis
- Ability to twist, squat, kneel, bend on a regular basis
Requirements (non-negotiable and must be verifiable)
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and background check
- Provide at minimum 3 professional references upon request (educational references may also be considered)
- Must be able to meet physical requirements of the job provided reasonable accommodations
- Websites: lifetimecreations.net, Etsy, and Amazon
- Corporate office & production facility: Merrillville, IN
- Size: 11-15 employees
- Founded: 2007
- Company type: Private
How to apply
Submit your application here. No phone calls, please.